Saturday, July 5, 2014

Skitch examples

Skitch has become one of my favorite apps to allow students to create and take ownership in their work. I thought I had deleted all of my Skitch examples when I switched classrooms this year, but I found some of them. (Apparently Evernote saves your deleted files until you empty your deleted file folder ;-).  So here are some examples. If you have any questions let me know. I am working on a pictorial handout to include on my LiveBinder with how to use Skitch.

This is a worksheet that I took a screen shot of from the Safari tab.  Then using Skitch the student was able to annotate on top with his finger. The annotation is saved into Evernote or can be emailed to the Teacher. 

This is a screenshot of something made in the Easy Bake app. In Skitch the student could write about their creation or even write directions. 


These are pictures from a classroom. The wording on them is from a student. These could easily be inserted into a student's picture schedule or list of what to do during the day. The student(s) will feel ownership since they have helped create it. The pictures are saved into an Evernote folder and can easily be saved into a folder on the Desktop for printing purposes. 

Another screenshot used to to collect data on a student. The annotations are done using Skitch and are saved into an Evernote folder. 


This is a picture of a worksheet that a student needed to re-do. Skitch allowed for some guided practice/assistance and the student was able to complete the worksheet again on the iPad. This would also work for students with fine motor difficulties. They could type the answers using Skitch instead of having to write them out. 


I will include more this year. I apologize that I didn't think about it before, but I am glad I had not emptied out my deleted files on Evernote. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I would also love to hear how you use Skitch 

Until next time,
~Melissa 






No comments:

Post a Comment