Monday, May 16, 2016

#CelebrateMonday

I haven't done a lot with the Celebrate Monday on Twitter this year and I've neglected this blog for a couple of months....That being said I'm in the reflective mode as the year winds down...and looking back on some reasons I had this year to #CelebrateMonday. (Also trying to get back to posting on here and catching up)

It's the last full week of school. It's the next to last Monday for us and summer is clearly in view. I've loved almost every minute of this year. There have been those that have exhausted me, worn me down at times, deadlines that stressed me, but there have been way more moments that made me smile. Moments where a student who never thought they would make their AR goal comes in with huge smiles to say they did. Moments where that student who doubted themselves at the beginning of the year is displaying confidence that you can see, she can see, and the data even shows growth! Moments where that parent says thank you for making a difference in my child this year. Moments where a colleague tells you they learned to do a new tech tool. There have been lots of moments to look back on this year with a smile. I'm not the same teacher I was when I started and it's hard to believe I'm finishing year 10 and will be watching my first student graduate next week.

Depending on when you finish out the school year, tomorrow may be one of the last couple of Mondays with your students. What can you do to change their day? How can you make a difference in their Monday that will impact their Tuesday in a positive way? Monday is the rock thrown in the pond...what kind of ripple will it create when it reaches the end? The choice is yours...Let's #CelebrateMonday and celebrate our students. After all...they are why we do what we do each and every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment