Wednesday, June 5, 2019

A few things I've been up to since I haven't been posting ;-)

Time got away from me for the first part of 2019 and this blog didn't get the place it deserved on the to-do list. Here's to catching up several posts that should have been written over the last little bit. I'm working on my online portfolio this summer...so if you have attended one of my sessions over the years, listened to a webinar, or followed me online and would like to see me address something or post something etc. Let me know.....I have a list I'm working on, but I always feel like I'm missing something. Over the last nine years of presenting statewide, I've grown from here's a list of tools go research them on your own to figure out how to use them, to here are some tools now let's look at how to make them work in your classroom. My heart when I'm presenting a session, whether it's face to face or online, is that each participant has something they can take back to the classroom. If they have something they feel like they can use or at least try, then our time (mine and theirs) has been well spent.

I wish educators were more articulate and not afraid to share their voice and their story more, but that's a blog for another day. We have a story to share, a piece to contribute, and opinions that are valued. It's often times the ones who are quieter that may have more to share than anyone realizes. The focus has got to shift from competition to collaboration in the education world....when that happens and unity is present we will see even more amazing ripple effects. Collaboration is a skill that our students need to see modeled, they come in knowing how to compete. Our students also need to see self-confidence, not pride, modeled. They need to know it's okay to believe in what you do, to know you can do something well, but to also know that you can learn from others to grow even more. 

Now on to a few things I've had the honor of participating in so far this year. I mean it this time, there is more to come from this Techie Teacher as she reflects on the past year, looks ahead to the next year, and shares with teachers across the state this summer.

Ed Surge Article

PBIS Podcast Episode

Class Dismissed Podcast Episode


If you are still loving on your students in school, stay strong and focused. If you are already in summer, rest up and recharge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment