Thursday, January 8, 2015

My word for 2015

I started off with choosing three words for the year and then later had to narrow it down to just one. That took some time. When I think of imprint, I think of an impact and indention in something. I want to leave an imprint on the lives I come in contact with in 2015. I want my students to know how much they matter each and every day. I want my students at school to know that they can do anything they set their minds to. I want them to know what it feels like to reach that goal they have set for themselves. I told them at the beginning of the year that if they would put themselves in the game, I would be their biggest cheerleader. I want the kids I see outside of school to know that someone believes in them and is there for them. I want them to see the importance of time. Time doesn't mean playing a game on a computer or a video controller. Time sometimes means listening. I want to leave my imprint on them and I'm working on now to listen more than I talk. To listen more than spending time on my phone(ouch yeah I'm resolving to work on that). To leave an imprint this year I also have to take care of me. I have to pour in so I can pour out. I have to strengthen myself inside and out in order to make that imprint throughout the year and to have the stamina to keep the pace I have created for myself. So after reading two blog posts, I finally settled on a word for the year..2015 is the year for leaving an imprint like footprints in the sand because whether we realize it or not...others are following.

Imprint...touching others so they can impact and touch on their own! Imprint...being God's hands and feet and making a difference in 2015. Imprint...taking the You Matter message to every student I can. Imprint...taking care of me when needed so I can give to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment