Monday, August 12, 2013

Book Review #2

This will be a short blog ;-) I know it's not exactly tech, but it is educational related.
 
 
This book has been recommended in more than one conference, so I knew I had to check it out. If you teach in a Title 1 school I highly recommend it. It is an easy read and contains valuable information to help you understand your students ad why they do what they do. It explains how families in the low, middle, and high class interact with each other. It also gives suggestions for things to do in the classroom and offers theories behind why they respond the way they do to teachers. It's all about approach with kids that come from a poverty world. These kids just need someone to understand and realize that some are caring a heavier load than they should.
 
 
Next post: I-pad list
 
Until next time,
~Melissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment